Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jet of the Day - Lucia of Crystal Impressions


I have always been drawn to diamonds, crystals, gemstones , and their sparkle and colors. Eventually,  I found myself absolutely enthralled by the unique beauty only found in natural stones, with their color variations, spider-webbing, swirling patterns, and diversity. But I must say, since I have started creating jewelry , I have gone from "DRAB " to elegant sparkly gemstone jewelry.

for example....

"Midnight Shadow"


This is an ultimate favorite of mine. It took me forever to find this 110 carat pendant, which was a great find. I searched for the smoky quartz rondelles as well as the briolettes, sterling silver spacer beads and Hill Tribe silver.  After that, thoughts just started rushing through my head like crazy. The handmade necklace has to be an amazing 300 carats of gorgeous sparkly smoky quartz! You can find it in  my Ultra Luxe Collection.

"Bouquet"


 I am in LOVE with pink. These are breathtaking and, of course,  PINK! They are perfect for a formal or upcoming wedding. They feature AAA trillion cut pink topaz, (total 41 carat weight), with accenting wire wrapped 4mm pink tourmaline rondelles, and an accenting corrugated sterling silver bead. They dangle from cubic zirconium ear wires and measure 2 inches in length. They also come from my Ultra Luxe Collection .

Not only do I have a love for "sparkle and bling" I also like working with lampwork, Swarovski crystals, precious and semi precious gemstones.

such as this...

"Sleeping Beauty Necklace"

 

These chunky Sleeping beauty turquoise come from the Sleeping Beauty Mine with the distinctive pale blue color which made the mine famous.  The irregularities of the turquoise really enhance the beauty of the stone. The necklace is also accented with big bold chunky coral; and I chose red jasper for the beautiful swirl patterns in the stone. The remainder of the necklace is comprised of sterling silver spacer beads and Bali bead caps. The necklace measures 17.5 inches in length and could be found in my Luxe Collection.

I only use  Sterling Silver and 14kt gold-filled materials in my creations, unless otherwise noted. I carefully select all of the gemstone beads strand by strand with interesting colors, shapes and textures. Creativity must be inspired! I tend to get bored easily with too many stones of the same color shape and size, so I rarely buy items in bulk. This means that most often each creation is a one-of-a-kind piece or matched set.


Thank you for reading,
Lucia
Crystal Impressions

11 comments :

Erika Price said...

You create the most fabulous jewelry, Lucia! I'm lucky enough to have one of your fabulous sets, and I'm totally drooling over your Bouquet earrings! Erika

Unknown said...

Everything is so beautiful!

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Gorgeous jewelry in Lucia's shop.

Mollie Ann said...

Lucia, I love your shop and have so enjoyed reading every word of this!

Tracy said...

Such stunning jewelry in this shop! Amazing eye candy!

Made By Tammy said...

Fantastic feature and jewelry!

SendingLoveGallery said...

beautiful jewels, Lucia! enjoyed your post~

Beadsme said...

Gorgeous creations.

Unknown said...

Fabulous jewelry!

Cher said...

Each piece a work of art... and those pink trillion earrings are to die for!

jemsbyjb said...

Such gorgeous jewelery from this wonderful artist.