Friday, July 15, 2011

Jet of the Day - Lisa of Emerald Pixie



I guess my obsession began when I was about 7 years old. Whenever I would get a piece of jewelry that had a gemstone, I would take the stone out of the setting. I have always found gemstones fascinating.

In high school, I loved buying pieces from the thrift stores and adding my own style to I was always looking for necklaces and bracelets I could shorten to just the right size for my 4' 10" body( hence the nickname "Pixie").



As an adult, I've done everything from beading to metal clay, but it was silversmithing and gemstone setting that have become my passion. My favorite items to create are cocktail rings. Currently, I am working on some three stone rings and mother's rings. An idea inspired by my two kids.


Thanks for reading,
Lisa

9 comments :

Beadsme said...

Beautiful creations.

Tracy said...

Amazing work! I just love the gorgeous rings especially!

Michele said...

Lovely rings, liking the last ring featured alot!!!

SendingLoveGallery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SendingLoveGallery said...

(lol I couldn't spell Pixie today)
Lovely jewelry in EmeraldPixie's shop!

Made By Tammy said...

Love your handcrafted rings! Gorgeous!

Brooke said...

Such pretty jewelry!

cooljewelrydesign said...

very pretty jewelry indeed!

Erika Price said...

Lovely pieces! Erika