Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jet of the Day - Fully Hooked

In my past life, I was an English regency aristocrat, a figure straight from Jane Austen's novels.. I wore corsets, lace and frills, and adorned myself with pearls and flowers. I was a romantic through and through, your classic damsel...

Francine Bracelet
Dierdre Necklace in Pink
Florence Necklace
In this life, I'm your working mother and weekend explorer. Influenced multi-culturally, via our life in the military. You will see this influence in my Fully Hooked  Etsy shop.


Isabella Necklace   
Zafina Necklace
Spring Abound Earrings

What's in a name?  Fully Hooked
About three years ago, we had just moved to a new base and I was in desperate need of new Mommy-friends. I was lucky enough to live next to a young mother who also loved to crochet. I learned to crochet when I was 7, but it wasn't until my second, and youngest child was born that I picked it up again with all the enthusiasm I can muster. 
 
I have boxes and boxes of yarn and supplies! Anyway, I was very excited to have a neighbor that I can share my Friday nights with. Then a couple of months later, a new family moved in down the street and I invited the wife to join us on Friday Night/Crochet Night, but she brought her beads and jewelry findings instead because all her yarn were still boxed. This was it, I was hooked on jewelry-making from then on! By the following week, I had all the starter supplies any aspiring jewelry designer needed, and have been hoarding beads since. I learned what I know on my own, and through fantastic mentors here on Etsy and the JETS.
I live and love passionately, and once I'm hooked, I'm FULLY HOOKED.

It's been a journey of artistic expression and self-discovery and Fully Hooked  provides me the balance and peace that I need. It's my therapy after a long week of work, kids and deployed husband.
Eventually I'd like to reintroduce my crocheted items, but crochet is something I reserve for those times it's impractical to pack my beads and tools along.

Thank you for reading!
Milleth

 

12 comments :

Beadsme said...

What a great post and beautiful jewelry. I just love your past life, maybe we were best friends, LOL.

Mollie Ann said...

Hey Milleth, I love the rich variety of your beautiful jewelry, and what fun to read your story and learn how your shop got named!

Tracy said...

I love the romantic nature of the jewelry found in this shop. Gorgeous, soft, fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love this shop and the romance that pours from it's depths. Beautiful jewelry!

JillreOzmay said...

So nice to learn a bit more about you and what inspires your beautiful jewelry pieces!

Rebecca - Fuchsia Bloom Studio said...

thanks Milleth for sharing a bit of your story with us- your jewelry is beautiful!

YourDailyJewelsBLOG said...

Milleth,
You are so talented! I love your jewelry and I hope you share your crochet with us one of these days.

Unknown said...

Love them all! Great post!

Michele said...

Beautiful jewelry so romantic, love your past life, I always wanted to be part of that era!!!

Erika Price said...

Your jewellery is gorgeous, Milleth, so romantic and very "English"!

Made By Tammy said...

Fantastic feature! Your jewelry is so Beautiful. I loved reading & learning more about you.

cooljewelrydesign said...

gorgeous jewelry--always fun to learn first hand from the artist behind the creations!!