Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jet of the Day - Studio Jewel - The Bead Girl

 

 

When Jewelry Tells a Story



Ever since I began making jewelry it became exceeding clear to me that each piece had a story. 
In some, the story was intentional...I planted the seeds, I encouraged it. I watched it grow.
In others, the stories evolved on their own, woven in the metal and stones.

And then there are your stories. The stories that are created when a piece of my jewelry becomes your own. It has its own journey. Its own path.
Those are my favorites.

My Hebrew ring, has my story. But the many stories you have told me about WHY you choose to purchase that ring have made that ring even more precious to me.
Hebrew Ring child of God
A mother's necklace. It has an obvious path, but each one is unique to the wearer and with that uniqueness comes a story.
Mom Necklace

The Breast Cancer Awareness bracelet has my story of WHY I created it....but for each woman who purchases it, she has HER story of why she wants to wear it. Priceless.
Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelet

Love Token for the Groom
  
A love token...the journey they take I will never know...but imagining it gives me such a thrill! This one is for a groom on their wedding day - SO sweet!

monogram anniversary necklace

What about a monogram necklace. I've made this design as an anniversary gift. As a girlfriend gift. Again, just imagine the story behind the "gifting"!

Copper poetry bracelet
A poetry bracelet. Each quote unique, hand chosen. I smile when I stamp them!
marry me rings
The Marry Me rings, an alternative engagement ring set. I've already heard so many stories...of how and when. Of why they chose these rings. Love.

stacking rings
Most recently I created these rings for a friend. To me, they were just rings. To her, there is an intrinsic story waiting to be told. And she tells it...beautifully.
Jewelry. It has a story. It has meaning. I love that. Sometimes I "wonder" at what stories a piece of my jewelry may carry to the next generation. Is that too bold? Am I thinking to highly of my own creations? I hope not. I do hope the stories carry on from mother to daughter. From friend to friend.

At the very least I allow that dream to carry me as I create. It helps fuel the  process. It keeps me "wondering".

16 comments :

jemsbyjb said...

Such beautiful and uniquely created jewelry in Lisa's shop. Truly a gifted artist.

ChayaGallery said...

Fantastic post and stunning jewelry !

Siany said...

beautiful collection...

Tracy said...

Amazing work! I love how stories are woven throughout!

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Beautiful jewelry from Lisa. Love your stories.

Michele said...

Lovely post and jewelry, love the stories also!!!!!

willowcreekjewelry said...

Love everything in Lisa's shop but, my favorite continues to be her Hebrew Ring. Awesome post by a true artist!

Made By Tammy said...

I love your stories and your jewelry! Awesome post.

WanderingJewel said...

Great stories! I love your work!

YourDailyJewelsBLOG said...

Lovely post, Lisa. Your photos are so beautiful. I cannot even imagine how beautiful your work must be in person!

Beadsme said...

Awesome post. Love your work Lisa.

TheSilverBear said...

Great post, Lisa, & brilliant photos!

capitalcitycrafts said...

You have wonderful stories!

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Your stories and thoughts about your pieces are wonderful and thought-provoking.

cooljewelrydesign said...

Your jewelry will live on through the generations b/c the stories themselves will evolve. Lovely jewelry from an amazing person/artist.

bMichelle said...

What a beautiful story. It makes each piece so personal and special.