Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jet of the Day - DG Designs


Hi, my name is Debbie and I am the owner/creator of DG Designs (stoutdg2 on Etsy).

I started my jewelry designing after a class at our local Michael's store. I soon discovered Etsy and beautiful handmade lampwork beads. One of my first purchases of lampies was made at Etsy shop StudioMarcy. Thanks, Marcy!

My husband and I have been lucky enough to travel all over the US in our motorhome and one of our trips was to meet Marcy. Marcy was so gracious and give us a demonstration of her making one of her seashells. This is one of Marcy's seashell lampies in this bracelet:


Holiday at the Beach - Lampwork Bracelet  

Here is another bracelet using lampwork beads:

Fern Romance - Perfect for the Holidays!


I have been blessed also to be a member of the Jewelry on Etsy Team. The JETS are a supportive and fun team. One of our JET Team members, Laura of LauraStamperDesigns,   makes the most beautiful and one-of-a-kind jewelry. She just started making and listing her beautiful clasps and I was one lucky JET to receive a clasp of Laura's during our Supply Swap and made this bracelet:



Garnet Wire Wrapped Bracelet in Sterling Silver

I plan to continue my jewelry journey on Etsy. My bucket list includes learning fine silver clay (PMC) and making my own lampwork beads.

Visit DG Designs and any of the JET shops for beautiful jewelry designs and holiday gifts.

 Thanks for reading,
Debbie

12 comments :

Made By Tammy said...

Fantastic jewelry and post!
Love Laura's clasp too!

Erika Price said...

Beautiful work, Debbie, and just love what you've done with Laura's gorgeous clasp! Good luck with making your own lampwork beads, from your fellow lampie whore :)

Michele said...

Lovely post and jewelry and it was nice finding out the journey on how you create your jewelry with lampwork beads!!!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing your story.

SendingLoveGallery said...

I always enjoy knowing more about the artist! Love your jewelry, Debbie!

JillreOzmay said...

Great post! Made me want a bead-huntin' road trip soon :)

Brooke said...

Great beads and jewelry, so very pretty and fun!

Beadsme said...

Beautiful designs. Just love what you picked here.

TheSilverBear said...

A great blog, Debbie, & lovely photos. Well done!

YourDailyJewelsBLOG said...

I love your bracelets. You have such a great eye for lampies and combinations!

capitalcitycrafts said...

Debbie, you have a wonderful talent for combining colors!

cooljewelrydesign said...

Deb, we both share a real affinity for lampwork glass...your designs are awesome and meticulous. Good luck with making your own and you know I will be cheering you on!!