Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jet of the Day - Rough Magic Holidays




Christmas is coming!

It's the time of year when Santa's Elves sneak into our Rough Magic Studio ... always on tiptoe, always after Midnight.

Seems like every morning nowadays I wake up to find a new batch of copper Christmas tree ornaments waiting beside our anvil* - ready for me to hammer into shape, tumble and flame bathe for strength and color, and list in my Etsy shop, 
  Rough Magic Holidays.

Here's a peek at a few of them ~

Snowflake

Starfish

Map of Your State


And, new this year, a made to order Christmas Tree Topper!
Copper Topper

Of course, my first love is creating jewelry (I am a JET after all), so here's a little festive holiday wearable ...

Wooden Christmas Tree Pendant Necklace


*The 19th century flat iron Joe rescued from the discard bin at the Old Creamery antique shop in Ellsworth. Because the handle was already missing when Joe discovered our little "treasure from trash," all he had to do was insert it upside down in his handmade wooden block base. So I can hammer away to my heart's content on our trusty old (repurposed) anvil!
"Old Trusty"


"Ho Ho Ho!"

21 comments :

Erika Price said...

I love all the Christmas magic that you and the elves have made, Mollie!

Michele said...

Lovely Christmas post and creations!!!

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Mollie, gorgeous ornaments.

Guinivere Norrington said...

Love all of Molly's beautiful items and her vivacious personality!

jemsbyjb said...

Getting in the holiday spirit. Lovely items by Molly.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! I've got to get my paws on some of those ornaments!

JillreOzmay said...

Rustic Christmas! Lovely post :)

Bob J24-7 said...

Cool post! Love the copper ornaments. Great decorations for a traditional tree!

Made By Tammy said...

Fantastic ornaments and post! Love your trusty old (repurposed) anvil!

Mollie Ann said...

Thank you Everybody! You are making this such a happy day for me! xoxo

Unknown said...

GOOD Golly Ms. Mollie!!!

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE your shop so many gorgeous offerings for the holidays or anytime of the year!!! It was so hard to choose as fav among so many awesome fav's!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Mollie and Joe! You are both very talented and your work is just gorgeous!

Beadsme said...

Wonderful holiday goodies.

SendingLoveGallery said...

what a fun post! and I love your copper ornaments!

TheSilverBear said...

What a great blog, loved it!

willowcreekjewelry said...

Love your Holiday Post and your wonderful creations! What a great repurposed project!

Ribasus said...

Magical Mollie strikes again! LOVE the ornaments. If I had a tree, I would go for an exclusively 'Rough Magic' look.

Auntie R

JBowerEngraving said...

I love the snowflake!! Gorgeous!

Ginny Huber said...

Loving seeing Mollie and Rough Magic here -jet of the Day among(st) you talented Jets!

capitalcitycrafts said...

Fantastic copper creations!

cooljewelrydesign said...

Mollie you are unquestionably the holiday queen on the team...you move effortlessly from one season to the next, showing us new and beautiful creations.

LOVE your copper ornaments!!