Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jet of the Day 11/10/11 - Ozmay Designs

Jet Blog post



Brazen lust. Longing. Shameless desire. Yearning. I'm talking about beads people!





Beads are a large part of what most of us do. Beads started my love affair with jewelry-making. I still get excited when I find a new little bead shop on a road trip or visit a tourist trap and find a bowl or two of beads to paw through for treasures. Beads make me happy. They always have. I don't know why. I can remember loving them as a child. I don't recall when it started. It's like it's always been. Maybe they represent creativity for me. Lots of things inspire my creativity, but nothing quite like fondling beads.
It fascinates me to explore how others are inspired by them, how beads are represented in their work. JETs make the best beaded creations!


Kyanite gemstone bead creation by Bearsie. The stones are definitely the stars of this piece. Sometimes you just have to let the beads sing:



The vibrance and sparkle of Swarkies shine in Chaya's bracelet:



Trace's citrine faceted glass earrings glow:




Norah combines beach glass and lampwork beads to create earthy gorgeousness:




A teal blue fiber optic glass bead nestles beautifully in Cher's amazing wirework:




Mollie's pairing of copper and rustic stone beads create a fab woodland feel:




If you're anything like me, your budget for new beads could never equal your desire to buy them, so to ease your guilt for your bead purchases that go beyond needing "supplies" - and you know you make them - I've created a top 10 list.

Top 10 Reasons to Buy More Beads:


10. They are your very favorite color.

9. They are rare - it says so right in the description. RARE!

8. You strongly believe in doing your part to support Etsy sellers.

7. You might not find those particular vintage beads ever again.

6. They are on SALE!

5. They have inspired you to create your bead opus!

4. You passed on that $168.00 lampwork focal yesterday; you deserve this!

3. You have empty containers.

2. You haven't indulged in a bead purchase in at least 4 days.

1. You're buying them for a fellow JET!





So go ahead, treat yourself. Do your part to make the world a more beady place. :)

 Thank you and happy beading,

15 comments :

TheSilverBear said...

Oh Lordy, what a fabulous blog, Oz! And to see my lovely Kyanite piece jump out of the page there - thankyou thankyou thankyou - I'm still giggling hysterically. Even had to bring Shamba my Lilac Point Balinese in to see. He thinks it's a t'riffic blog too.

Shazzabeth Creations said...

I don't need reasons to buy beads - I need reasons NOT to buy them!

Tracy said...

Fab post and great picks from fellow Jets! We're all such bead whores!

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Jill, great post. Love it. Buy beads, buy beads, buy beads.

Michele said...

Lovely post, Haha love the 10 steps to buying more, I think all of us together we can have a JET factory.

SendingLoveGallery said...

great post! say Yes to Bead Fondling! and I'm such a sucker for those "rare" ones, LOL

Beadsme said...

Wonderful post. Bead fondling is an art and a passion. We really need a reason NOT to buy beads.

Unknown said...

Hiya Jilly!!
I just couldn't agree MORE...your speaking my language,I can totally relate, I had to start this small business adventure because of my obsession to beads and stones!!!

Good grief girl... are you a carpenter? You hit the nail right on the head!!!
FABULOUS blog and features...now let me wipe the saliva off the monitor!!!


:-D

Brooke said...

Great post with some lovely examples.
I'm guilty as charged:)

cooljewelrydesign said...

Fab indictment, Jill...we are all so guilty of over-spending. I could probably go around the world twice if I sold what's in my studio...and the shame of it is, I'll have to leave them in my will...HAHA Ain't enough time in "this" lifetime.

loved it!

capitalcitycrafts said...

I'm a bead addict, thanks for explaining this!

Erika Price said...

LOL! As a total beadaholic and lampie whore, I completely love your top 10 reasons for buying more!

Made By Tammy said...

I'm a bead addict and need a 12 step program!
Fantastic post and jewelry.

YourDailyJewelsBLOG said...

I love Jill's final creations as much as I love her earwires and jewelry-making goodies. She is so creative and talented with wire!

jemsbyjb said...

Hello. My name is Judy and I am a beadaholic.

You never outgrow the need for more beads!