Saturday, February 20, 2016

What's On My Bench??

This feature was contributed by Judy of JemsbyJB&Company,  Captain of the Jetteam on Etsy.


Today, I would like to share a project that I have been working on for a few weeks now. Through another venue, I decided to participate in a Mother's Day Gifting to some moms in Hollywood. The list is not released as of yet, however the gifting requires that I create 25 items to send in sometime in April. The people who will be receiving my item, are ladies who have become a mom recently or are expecting to become one soon.

After signing up for this event, I needed to determine what I would be sending. Creating 25 of the same item required that I think about what would best suit the age group of the potential recipients. I also needed to figure out a budget for the project as this could become quite costly. The idea behind the gifting is that it will become a marketing tool which hopefully, will bring in some sales.

After some careful consideration, I decided to make bracelets with quotation charms. I looked through my inventory and found some beautiful aquamarine and carnelian gemstone beads which were dainty and perfect for the design I had in mind. I then decided to include some glass pearls and silver chain into the bracelet. At first, I decided to make the bracelet one that would require a clasp. However, thinking about "the ease of putting it on" while juggling a newborn, brought me to the conclusion that a stretch style bracelet would be the best way to go.

I gathered the gemstones, pearls, silver chain and elastic cord and made a prototype of the bracelet I had in mind. When I decided that I had the bracelet designed as I wanted it to be, I laid out the supplies needed for the remaining bracelets. Here is a photo of my work space with the components ready for me.



As I began to make the bracelets, I decided to use three different charms. The photo below shows both the carnelian and the aquamarine designs. I thought that these quotations suited the experience of motherhood quite well.
 
"Find Joy in the Journey"
 
 
"Those Who Reach Can Touch the Stars"
 
 
"Believe You Can and You Will"
 

Below is a look at the finished bracelet displayed with and without the charm. I think that the bracelet looks great either way. However, for the purpose of this project I will be attaching the charms.





 
I still need to determine how to package the bracelets. There are requirements that need to be met and I am going with the small organza bags with the ribbon ties.  I am relieved to have completed this in ample time to sit back and wait for the shipping date and recipient list. The bracelet will be available in my Etsy shop (JemsbyJB&Company) in the not too distant future.
 
 








11 comments :

Cher said...

Love the bracelets, Judy ... and what a great idea of using chain with the beaded stretch portion! Are the charms permanently attached to the bracelets, or could they be detachable, in case someone prefers them without... babies tend to grab for dangly things ;)

I'm sure the gifted moms/moms-to-be will adore them!

capitalcitycrafts said...

Fabulous Judy! Lovely designs I'm sure everyone will be thrilled!

Tracy said...

Great idea for a bracelet!

Mollie Ann said...

Wonderful idea and totally gorgeous bracelets! Love the charms too!

Beadsme said...

Beautiful, I am sure all the Moms will love them.

Brooke said...

These are great, the mom's will love them! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and process!

babble on said...

These are great. The new Mom's will love them. Your pick of the charms make perfect sense.

Unknown said...

Pretty!!!

Michele said...

Lovely bracelets!!!

SendingLoveGallery said...

pretty bracelets! I'm sure they will love them!

SatinDollCo said...

Those bracelets are beautiful and sure to be a hit with the moms.