Monday, February 8, 2016

Cooking with the JETs

 LAMB SOUP

Well let me just say first about how much I love my electric pressure cooker.  When you are busy taking care of the family and would like to cook fast healthy meals, an electric pressure cooker is a very big help!  It's like a slow cooker and you can use many of your slow cooker recipes, but everything cooks a lot a lot faster! 



Ingredients:

1-1.5 pound diced lamb (I usually purchase the lamb shoulder chops because that's what I have available at my super market and dice them up)
2 yellow onions chopped
1 stalk celery chopped (optional)
1 tbsp fresh or dry parsley chopped
1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
1 stick cinnamon or 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
5 strands saffron crumbled 
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Salt & ground black pepper
2 boxes (each approximately 32 oz) of chicken broth 
1 can (15 oz) of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
2 cups red lentils
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes or diced fresh tomatoes

Some fresh cilantro and sour cream for garnish 

To make the soup: 

Simply get all the ingredients ready and place everything in the pressure cooker pot and mix.  



Close and seal the pressure cooker and put for 18 min.  Yes, for only 18 min! When the marker is at "0", for this particular recipe I usually release the pressure by turning the seal switch.  When all the pressure is out, I safely open the top and my soup is ready with meat very soft and all the ingredients cooked.  I check the salt and adjust it if need to and that's it!


Serve it garnished with some sour cream, cilantro and enjoy! 




10 comments :

Mollie Ann said...

Mmmm .... yummy recipe! Fabulous photos too. I don't have a pressure cooker, but this soup is worth buying one for!

SendingLoveGallery said...

Looks like a great recipe, and what a cool machine you've got there - I've never tried a pressure cooker - had no idea about electric ones!

Tracy said...

Ooo this looks delish!

Jennifer said...

Goodness, that looks delicious! My daughters have this Magic Pot and both swear by them!

jemsbyjb said...

Love the pressure cooker. Haven't tried using one but looks like it is worth a try.

LoveStoneArts said...

How perfectly lovely!! I bought a similar pressure cooker this year and will be happy to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Gemstones on My Mind said...

Electric pressure cookers are much easier than the older ones used on your stovetop. I love mine also! Your dish looks so yummy and beautiful too!

Beadsme said...

This looks delicious. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Michele said...

Never thought to make soup that way, looks yummy!!!

capitalcitycrafts said...

I live lamb, thanks!