Monday, February 15, 2016

Cooking with the JETS!

Blue Chip GuacaMollie



As an uprooted Texan living in Maine for more than 25 years, I've learned that if I get a hankerin' for Tex-Mex, I'd better make it myself. So ... here's my "Mainer" variation on that healthful green favorite otherwise known and Guacamole.


Ingredients:

2-3 ripe avocados, peeled with pits removed and set aside*



1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce or freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice


1 tsp. ground cumin
Sea salt to taste
Cucumber, peeled and sliced
Fresh baby spinach leaves or mixed salad greens, washed and spun dry
Blue corn chips


Garnishes:
1 ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped or minced**
Chopped ripe olives
Fresh cilantro
Sour cream
Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese


In a small-medium mixing bowl, smash avocados with a fork to moderately lumpy consistency.


Add and mix in onion, W
orchestershire sauce or citrus juice, cumin and salt.


**Tomato may also be mixed in with avocados, onion, etc.


Serve on a bed or sliced cukes, spinach or salad greens. Spike with corn ships and add your choice of garnishes.




*Stay tuned for instructions on growing your own avocado tree ... coming soon to a blog near you ... this blog!

11 comments :

Unknown said...

Yum!!!

Michele said...

We love avocados here, yum!!!!

SendingLoveGallery said...

thanks Mollie! I've never tried worcestershire sauce in guac. Now I'm gonna :)

Gemstones on My Mind said...

ummm yummy - Need some now! Thanks Mollie!

Beadsme said...

Yummm what a great snack.

capitalcitycrafts said...

I would have never thought of those extra, thanks for the ideas!

Gaiane said...

Yum! Love avocados! And so looking forward to the tree growing post! : )

babble on said...

Yummy I love avocados

Tracy said...

I can't wait to learn how to grow an avocado tree! Guac and avocados are a personal fav.

jemsbyjb said...

This is a great way to use avocados.adding to my must try list.

Brooke said...

Nom nom, I love quacamole!