I actually like making cakes from scratch, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a place for quick and easy - especially when it’s good. I wanted to share one such recipe with you, for Pineapple Angel Food Cake. There are only 2 ingredients, but no one will ever suspect just how simple it actually is. Shhh, it will be our little secret!
- 1 x box Angel Food cake mix
- 1 x 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
P.S. A little whipped cream on top makes a delicious addition.
- Pour the contents of the box of Angel Food cake mix into a mixing bowl.
Don’t bother to follow the directions on the box, just add the can of crushed pineapple. See, I told you it was easy!
- You won’t need to use a mixer either - just stir it.
As you do this, the mixture will grow, filling your mixing bowl.
- Once it's all mixed up, pour it into a greased pan (I use an angel food cake pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. If you use a different size pan, just keep watch because the cooking time may vary. When it’s done, the top will be brown and have cracks.
- And before long it will look like this... Enjoy!
If you have a quick and easy recipe I’d love for you to share it in the comments!
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Wednesday Kitchen - Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Welcome to another Wednesday Kitchen, featuring favourite recipes from members of the JET Team! This week team leader Ida, of AdroitJewelers, shares a really quick and easy cake recipe. We can't wait to try this one, Ida!