Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Style - Show Your Stripes

Hi and welcome to another JET Team Sunday Style! Today we will talk about stripes. Stripes are cheerful this spring! This season they aren’t playing by the rules- stripes are to be found in all sorts of colors, and mixes of sizes and widths. You can even wear different kinds of stripes together!

I think wearing jewelry that mirrors the stripe patterns in your clothes and accessories looks both exciting and polished. I love this wrap top maxi dress (1) by IslandL with all the wonderful colors. It would feel like being on vacation if you were to add the black and white striped necklace from DesignsbyCher (2) and a pair of black sandals (3) from Calpas.



Take the cute little mini skirt (4) from ShopJessthetics, with playful stripes in Capri blue, coral, and custard yellow. How darling would this skirt be when paired with an elegant beaded cuff (5) from DonnasArtisanDesigns and a pair of Murano glass earrings (6) from cooljewelrydesign. Both jewelry items have stripy elements to them.

Candy-colored stripes have an energy that is welcome for spring, and I love the tangerine sherbet orange and the cool turquoise in this fun uneven hem multicolor dress (7) by PACHANEL. I’d love to see it worn with a colourful bangle like this one (8) from EmotionalOasis, handmade from layers of glass.



The diagonal striped maxiskirt (9) in hot pink from Gogreenstyle would be amazing with this fabulous leather clutch (10) from alexbender. Add a pair of handmade silver earrings similar to these ones (11) from ArtJewelerNYC, with their waves of stripes, and you have interesting layers of style.

If you’re not comfortable with so many shades in your stripes, maybe something like a black and white shirt (12) from scelleclothing will let you experiment with stripes. With wide and smaller stripes on the different sides split down the middle, wear this oversized tee with jeans and a lime green pendant (13) from RadicalGlass. Amazing high heel sandals (14) from MilenikaShoes add just the right extra stripe on the heel.

See you next week!
Lori


16 comments :

Tracy said...

Great post! I'm a big fan of stripes! nice to see some great accessory choices to compliment they style!

Unknown said...

Lori...these are TERRIFIC combo's you've put together, once again!
Stripes have always scared me and I've avoided wearing them because of that, but you showed how to use a subtle touch that isn't overpowering or tacky and add some real style!!! WTG girl!!!
Donna

Erika Price said...

Awesome article, thank you Lori! I'm with Donna, and have always steered away from stripes (well, horizontal ones anyway, because they make me look and feel even fatter than I am!) But I really love that diagonal skirt and all the jewels, and can definitely see me wearing the shoes and carrying that gorgeous bag!

jemsbyjb said...

Great style tips. These are all perfect wardrobe must haves!

Michele said...

Love stripes myself, love all the colors and everything goes very well together!!

Cher said...

Love this feature, Lori,,, and while I love stripes, I've found that with my body style I must choose carefully. One of my favorites was a multicolor striped, reverse chevron A-line skirt which was very flattering to my (ahem) shape... and vertical stripes are always fun!
Thanks for including my necklace :)

mjsee said...

Yipes! Stripes! Now I want some chewing gum (and have dated myself.) Fun post...and fun fashion finds!

cooljewelrydesign said...

Lori ... this is amazing ... so fresh and vibrant. I am not so much a striped clothing person as perhaps home decor ... but certainly feel jewelry with stripes offers multiple colors to go with several diff outfits. YAY ... super post, and many thanks for including my Murano glass earrings in ... Marsala ... Pantone's color of the year. xxoo

Beadsme said...

What great combos. Love it.

Unknown said...

Thanks all! I'm glad you enjoyed my post!

capitalcitycrafts said...

Awesome styling ideas, thanks!

Unknown said...

OMG!! You make me want to go shopping!

Mollie Ann said...

Fabulous feature, once again! Another reason to look forward to Sunday!

LoveStoneArts said...

Love the jewelry, love the shoes, especially love the models' bodies. It's an old lament! Thanks for another great feature Lori!

WanderingJewel said...

Great ideas! I'll have to dig out some stripes.

SendingLoveGallery said...

Creatively paired, Lori! you've got an eye!