Monday, May 23, 2011

Ever wonder how people get that groovy  Facebook “like” button on their blog?  In case, like me, you are facebookingly impaired, I have simplified it for you.

1. Go to your fan page
2. Click on "Edit Info" (upper right)
3. Click on "Marketing" on the left side
4. Click on "Add a Like Box to your Website"
5. Put your page's address in the box titled "Facebook Page URL"
6. Tweak the setting:
  • Mine is 175 width  in order to line up with my other widgets
  • I chose light because dark is black and too dark for my blog
  • I chose not to “show stream” because it looked too busy for my blog
  • I chose “show faces” because I like to see my friends
  • I chose “show header” because they can click and go  to your FB page

7.   Hit:  "get code”
8.   Copy either: "iframe" or "xfbml" code.  I used “xfbml” and it worked. 
(That’s all I know about this step)

9.   Go to your blog , sign in,  and click on "design". (I use the new Blogger Platform, I am not sure of the steps to get to “design” on the older format.
10.  You will see your boxes with "add a gadget", click on one.
11.  Click on "HTML/JavaScript" (8th gadget from the top.)
12.  Title it how ever you like. You can put your page name or “My Facebook page”.
13.  Paste the content that you copied from your Facebook page in the "content" section and save.
14.  You will see "page element added"
15  Hit "view blog" and see where it is positioned in your blog.  Give it a few seconds to load.
16.  You can go back in to "design" to move it around your blog. You just drag that “widget” to wherever you want it. Hit save.

Easy peazy.

 Thanks for reading,


11 comments :

Erika Price said...

Thanks for this Norah!

Bob J24-7 said...

Well, now THAT makes it easier ... Thanks!

Crystal Impressions said...

Norah your fantastic...thank you for sharing....

Made By Tammy said...

Awesome, Norah!
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm going to go do this right away! Thanks for this Norah...you are a wealth of advice and information!

marciejanedesigns said...

Great info and so easy, thanks!

JillreOzmay said...

Useful info, great post! Thanks Norah!

WanderingJewel said...

Great job, thanks! I've added it to my blog

DG Jewelry Designs said...

Great info, Norah.

Meghann said...

Aaah thank you! You're going to laugh, but I did that WAAaaaaay back and then I hated the size and layout but didn't know how to fix it, so I left it on my blogs as it was and then FORGOT how to get the code from Facebook to fix it. Now I fixed it, so thank you so much!! :D

cooljewelrydesign said...

Norah, I "do" have a blog but don't use it, so I will tattoo the instrux for possible future use...TY!!

And thanks for resurrecting the TE crammed with Jets. Part 2 on the way! ♥♥♥