Ever wonder how people get that groovy Facebook “like” button on their blog? In case, like me, you are facebookingly impaired, I have simplified it for you.
1. Go to your fan page
2. Click on "Edit Info" (upper right)
3. Click on "Marketing" on the left side
4. Click on "Add a Like Box to your Website"
5. Put your page's address in the box titled "Facebook Page URL"
6. Tweak the setting:
- Mine is 175 width in order to line up with my other widgets
- I chose light because dark is black and too dark for my blog
- I chose not to “show stream” because it looked too busy for my blog
- I chose “show faces” because I like to see my friends
- I chose “show header” because they can click and go to your FB page
7. Hit: "get code”
8. Copy either: "iframe" or "xfbml" code. I used “xfbml” and it worked.
(That’s all I know about this step)
9. Go to your blog , sign in, and click on "design". (I use the new Blogger Platform, I am not sure of the steps to get to “design” on the older format.
10. You will see your boxes with "add a gadget", click on one.
12. Title it how ever you like. You can put your page name or “My Facebook page”.
13. Paste the content that you copied from your Facebook page in the "content" section and save.
14. You will see "page element added"
15 Hit "view blog" and see where it is positioned in your blog. Give it a few seconds to load.
16. You can go back in to "design" to move it around your blog. You just drag that “widget” to wherever you want it. Hit save.
Thanks for reading,