TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR BUSINESS
By Judy from JemsbyJB&Company
The start of a new year always brings thoughts of what could have been and anticipation of what lies ahead. It can be a time of thoughtful reflection or a time of disappointment. The holidays which, most likely were a time for fun and merriment, are over and those beautiful decorations are neatly packed away. All of those sales you experienced, during the last few months, seem to have gone into hibernation and you may be rethinking your ability to be a successful business owner.
Now is the time to step back and revitalize! Running a successful business takes hard work and even those who have reached monumental success occasionally need to remember the most important tools which will sustain them.
These important reminders will hopefully help you regroup and celebrate your art.
1. Take Responsibility - Learn to take responsibility for anything that has your fingerprint on it. Learn to take responsibility for not just the good things, but even bad ones. Admit to your mistakes because it’s okay to be wrong. You cannot learn if you have not made any mistakes.
2. Believe In Winning - A rising tide lifts all boats – always think win-win. It exists. The power of positive influence you have on the people around you and the power to inspire people to greater heights is in front of you.
3. Do It! - If you have any ideas that are simmering in your mind, write it down. It doesn’t matter if it is not a plan yet, just write it down. Keep recording your thoughts and ideas. Some of them will turn into gorgeous jewelry creations!
4. See Opportunities Everywhere - The opportunities to lead are everywhere. You need to be mindful of these opportunities. Absorb the information that you read in the forums, internet and conversations with others. Jot down the names of the new sights that you hear about and spend some time perusing them. You might find something which will shed new light on your art. (Pinterest, Kaboodle, etc. etc. )
5. Be Open - Be open to criticism.(I really have an issue with this one!!)When you are open to feedback, you are being fed ideas from others that are free. Often times, these ideas come from people smarter than you. They will give you tips on how to improve and how to be better. That’s what a leader needs - constant feedback.
6. Give, Give, Give - That’s how you open up. Pour out all you got from inside you. Give all you have ideas, thoughts, plans. Feel the vulnerability and learn to like it. Design your jewelry with all the love and care you can muster.
HARD WORK + DEDICATION = SUCCESS
Thanks for reading!