Friday, August 12, 2011

Jet of the Day- Metalicious







Hi there! My name is Stephanie Maslow-Blackman and I've been a metalsmith for over 14 years. Yes, I am an old lady. Well middle aged. But I like to think of myself as a hot mama so let's pretend you don't know I'm almost 40. Shhhh.

I love working with metal the most. Coming up with ideas during daydreams or half-sleep or being inspired by architecture or nature or people. I just love to make jewelry, so I guess anything can inspire me to make something. I also love gorgeous gemmy stones, they're like candy! So I try to incorporate them into my work, like in this brand new piece I made based on my bubbles collection (nature + architecture + gemstones = new piece). Yahoo!




I'm also a wife, a mom and mostly a crazy-haired-entrepreneur. I have 2 boys age 1 1/2 and 6 1/2. I put the 1/2 in there because if the older one reads this he's going to be mad that I didn't. I try to maintain a work-home life balance because it's really important to me to spend time with them, especially while they're young. So I spend about 3 days working and the rest of the time I try to be 'mom' the best I can. And though my blanket forts are second-to-none, my cooking could be improved. *sigh*

I feel lucky and blessed to have created a life where I can be the person I want to be, and I work hard at it every day. Hopefully this will rub off on my kids. Happiness is more important than money boys, got that? Thanks to my Jets for the opportunity to shine today, it really means a lot to me! Love ya gals!

11 comments :

jemsbyjb said...

An awesome artist with some beautiful and original designs. Great shop Steph!

Michele said...

Nice feature and a lovely shop to browse, and yes Happiness is important!!!!

SendingLoveGallery said...

enjoyed your feature Steph!

Metalicious said...

Thanks Jets!

Kathleen said...

I can personally testify that Stephanie is one of the BEST people to buy from. She is wonderful at helping you choose the exact ring you want no matter how many messages you send (lol). Her jewelry is beautiful!

Made By Tammy said...

I could not agree with you more...Happiness is more important than money! Fantastic feature and jewelry!
xo
Tammy :)

Beadsme said...

Miss you Licious. Can't believe that squidgy little bub is so big. I remember those chubby baby little legs that you just want to squeeze. Where has the time gone.

Oh and I am also a proud owner of a Licious ring woohoo.

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

love stephs jewelry...so original...i too own a piece o metal!

great feature!

Unknown said...

I love your work but I know you look much more cute than that picture!

Erika Price said...

Miss it when you're not around, Steph! And you're so right - money doesn't bring happiness, But at least it enables you to be miserable in comfort, ha ha! Smooooooooch :) x

cooljewelrydesign said...

Love you Steph...your zaniness, love of life which spills over into your creations...it is obvious. Your style is so your own...and it's awesomely executed!